A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor''s book
The Importance Of A Healthy Breakfast in Children
As parents our objective is to chalk out healthy eating guidelines for our children. In this context we cannot undermine the relationship between healthy breakfast and children. Studies have shown that if you want to maintain healthy eating diets for your children, you need to first ensure healthy breakfast for them. And most importantly children should not skip breakfast under any circumstances.
Healthy Breakfast Ensures A Great Start To The Day
So, let’s discuss the importance of a healthy breakfast for children and the reasons why it should not be skipped.
1. We know that there is a considerable time gap between the dinner and the breakfast. Breakfast helps the children to recharge or refuel the body for the long day ahead. Children who eat healthy breakfast are much more charged up and do not feel tired at school. They have high energy levels and can concentrate much better on the studies and physical activities.
2. The relationship between healthy breakfast and children can be directly linked to their academic performances in school. Children who skip breakfast have low levels of concentration and are more sluggish. They are less attentive and face difficulty to carry out the tasks particularly in the morning. There have been several studies conducted on this and all of them support the fact that children who eat nutritious breakfast have higher chances of performing better in both academics and sports in schools.
3. Also children who eat breakfast regularly have high alertness level and higher span of attention. They have overall development of both body and mind that is required for academic excellence. Their high energy levels and fit bodies ensure that they excel in sports and other extracurricular activities.
4. Another important aspect of healthy breakfast in children is the high intake of fibers in their bodies which are very essential for regulation of the digestive system and prevention of constipation. Most of the other meals that the children take are less in fiber contain in comparison to breakfast. So skipping of breakfast makes your children deprived of this vital nutrient required by the body.
5. As the breakfasts are usually high in fiber content and low in fat, they help in checking the bad cholesterols in children. So habits of healthy breakfast in children actually safeguard them in the later part of their life from several diseases that originate from higher percentage of bad cholesterols in the body.
6. There is a misconception in some of the growing children that skipping of breakfast can lead to weight loss. On the contrary, a well nourished and healthy breakfast in children actually helps them to keep a check on their body weight. Children who skip breakfast develop habits of snacking in between meals as their bodies are starved. In the process they eat excessively in later part of the day and end up gaining more calories than the normal requirements. This eventually leads to overweight and can be even responsible for obesity.
Now you will be surely able to establish the relationship between healthy breakfast and children. All that you need is to make your children understand the benefits and importance of a healthy breakfast. Once you are able to achieve that and make it a habit of healthy breakfast in children, wait and watch your children growing into healthy adults who excel in whatever they do!
Tags: breakfast and children, healthy eating diets, healthy eating guidelines, nutritious breakfast
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
E-Mail (will not be published , required)
The Importance Of Apple for Kids’ Health »
About Us KidsHealth is more than just the facts about health. As part of The Nemours Foundation’s Center for Children’s Health Media, KidsHealth also provides families with perspective, advice, and comfort about a wide range of physical, emotional, and behavioral issues that affect children and teens.
Be a Fit Kid (11)Good Nutrition (1)health care tips (4)Healthcare Insurance (1)healthy eating (2)Kids health and fitness (13)Speech On Health (1)Uncategorized (2)WP-Cumulus by Roy Tanck and Luke Morton requires Flash Player 9 or better. Blogroll
© 2010 - Healthy Kids is proudly powered by WordPress
Courtesy of Firehost Dedicated servers, Dedicated hosting, Hosted SharePoint