10 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy
10 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy
10 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy
10 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy10 Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Gautama Buddha
Hectic lifestyles have tossed the health factor out of people’s lives and now humans are duty bound to prioritize depending on the kind of work they perform. Work has redefined the way humans eat, sleep and interact with their fellow beings. The end result – a diseased body, stressed mind and lost soul.
A healthy lifestyle imbibes healthy habits in all three aspects of human life: Physical Health, Mental & Emotional Stability and Spiritual Enlightenment. Without being preachy let’s focus on simple tips to lead a healthy lifestyle:
1. Eat Balanced Breakfast – Ever wonder why all health related tips show this on the foremost position? If not, then now is the great time to understand. Breakfast when broken down in two portions literally means Break-Fast, which is exactly what humans do by eating a breakfast. The body needs fuel to go on for the rest of the day. The gap between breakfast and dinner could be anywhere from 8 to 12 hours! The body needs to recharge for the next task and hence a healthy breakfast comprising of fruits, nuts, cereals and proteins provides the necessary nutrients to kick-start the day.
2. Drink Like a Fish – We mean water! Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses in a day to maintain normal body functions as water helps the body in circulation of blood, digestion of food, absorption of nutrients and transmission and control of signals to nerves. It is an important detoxifying agent as it removes toxic substances from the body in the form of sweat, urine, tears and mucus.
3. Exercise Regularly – Ironically, though humans have become busy, they are still unfit. Technically the more time a person spends on physical activities, greater are the chances of him/her being physically fit. But the reverse seems to be true. People in the rush of getting things done, have forgotten how to optimize their physical energies. Hence, they are physically tired and mentally stressed. They need to make time for exercises.
Research indicates that even moderate forms of exercise like walking or taking the stairs helps a person stay fit. Exercises not only keep a person fit but also augment energy levels. Opt for activities you enjoy doing if rigorous exercise routines are not possible. Playing outdoor games is one such fun way of exercising as it not only keeps you physically fit, but also contributes to the overall well being.
4. Maintain Normal Sleep Patterns – An average adult human requires 8 – 10 hrs of sleep. However, hectic lifestyles have ensured that humans on an average are now sleeping only for 7 – 8 hrs. The phrase early to bed, early to rise makes a person healthy wealthy and wise has been relegated to the land of fairy tales! Going to bed late is not an option, it has become a necessity. And due to work patterns, it has become imperative to rise early! This has ensured a discrepancy in sleeping patterns and has led to sleep disorders like insomnia.
Sleep patterns can be regulated by keeping a fixed time for bed. Our sleeping and waking time is regulated by a rhythm termed as circadian. It is like an inbuilt clock of the body that indicates when to sleep and when to get up! Thus by regulating the sleep time, you automatically regulate the wake time over a period of time.
Mental and Emotional Stability:
5. Maintain Great Mental Health – The importance of great mental health cannot be negated when we talk about the health of an individual. In order to lead a fulfilling life, mental happiness is as good as great physical fitness. Mental health is how you feel about who you are, the kind of healthy relationships that you maintain and the way you approach problems in life and resolve them.
Mental health can be maintained by keeping the mind occupied with thoughts and feelings that contribute positively to the overall well being of a person. A highly motivated individual not only contributes to his personal goals in life but is also a great asset to the people he/she interacts with.
6. Express Your Feelings – The next step to mental stability is expressing your feeling appropriately. Research points out that by bottling up one’s feelings, a person is at a greater risk of health related problems like stress, heart attacks, depression, substance abuse etc. To avoid becoming ill due to underlying negative feelings it is imperative to identify the triggers and accept the accompanying emotions so that they can find appropriate expressions through either positive words or action.
7. Maintaining a Positive Attitude – In spite of taking a fall, many people just get up, brush off and move on! These are the people who have a positive attitude. Life does not promise to stand by and dole out only the goodies. Difficulties are and will be a part of a human life. How one deals with those makes all the difference. People with positive attitudes have the ability to rise to a challenge. They are capable of channelizing their energies in the right direction.
8. Stay Away From Stress – As maintained earlier, life is not easy. There will be challenges. An individual with positive attitude knows how to rise to the challenge. They know how to keep stress at bay as it contributes to the negativity of the situation. Stress also causes great harm to the physical health of a person. Avoiding stress may not be easy. But by identifying stressors, a person can be better prepared to keep his/her cool during stressful situations. Meditation is a great way to control stress, which incidentally is the next tip.
9. Try Meditation – Meditation for some is chanting. However, nothing is far from the truth. Meditation involves controlling the breathing patterns. People due to various reasons breathe really fast which leads to lesser oxygen intake. The lack of oxygen causes physical as well as mental disturbances. Hence it is imperative to breathe right.
Breathe like babies. They intake deep breaths and release it slowly thus optimally utilizing the oxygen for their body! By meditating a person learns how to control his breathing patterns. He/She relearns how to take a deep breath and release it slowly. Try it.
10. Reinforce Your Faith – Scientific discoveries have ensured that people are moving on from spiritual enlightenment to material wealth. The matter of the fact is that the society that encourages spirituality is happier than its materialistically rich counterpart. Albeit, and ironically so, scientific studies have arrived at a conclusion that spiritually aware humans are happier than those who have low or no faith.
Practically it is impossible to keep the spiritual quotient always up. However by reinforcing your faith in something that you believe in will work wonders for your overall wellbeing.
Take a pledge to lead a healthy lifestyle so that a phrase like ‘He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything is not just part of the quotes that we keep coming across!
The author likes to blog about topics related to Skin Care, Acne, Hair Care and Hair Fall due to the changing hgh levels.